Ceiling Fan Cleaning
Ceiling Fan Cleaning Service
Serving the greater Lakeland, Florida area
Ceiling fans are a wonderful addition to any room, offering a cool breeze and providing a pleasant decorative accent. However, like any appliance, ceiling fans collect dust and grime that can lead to noisy operation and, eventually, motor damage. A proactive approach to cleaning can help you keep your ceiling fan running quietly and smoothly.
20/20 Window Cleaning can take care of this task for you and here’s how we do it:
- The first step is to turn off the fan, making sure the blades have come to a complete stop. If the blades are still moving when you begin, even a soft duster can do damage.
- Fan blades should be dusted weekly. You can purchase a specialized pole duster that slides over fan blades, simultaneously cleaning both the top and bottom. This is something you can take care of in between our visits.
- For deeper cleaning, we position a step ladder beneath the fan and carefully go over the blades with a water-moistened microfiber cloth or terry towel. Then we repeat with a dry cloth.
- We then use a clean, dry cloth to go over the motor housing and wipe down any pull-chains.
- We never use abrasive cleaners or toxic chemicals, as these products can scratch or discolor the fan blades and motor housing.
- Once the blades are clean, we use a commercial anti-static, dust-repelling spray to help them stay that way.
Finally, if your fans have a light kit on them, we will carefully disassemble (as necessary) the fixtures and clean with a mild solution. If you would like us to change out your bulbs while there, we will be happy to do that for you as well.
For a free estimate in writing, please call us at 863-644-4000 or 863-513-4165.
Thank you for your consideration.